It’s good to pamper your skin once in a while. Today, you have many professionals to do that for you. However, considering monetary aspects and time constraints, it’s not always feasible to show yourself at a spa or beauty salon. You may look for ways to get that spa-like treatment from the comfort of home.
To ease that out, here we are listing some DIY skin mask guide for a couple of skin types -dry skin, oily skin, ageing skin, acne skin. These home remedies are less time consuming and easy to do at home.
Dry Skin Hair Masks:
- Greek yogurt face mask: Leave this mask for about 20 minutes to get fresh, glowing skin. This mask has a slew of benefits- It fights acne, removes dead skin, tightens skin, improves skin moisture.
- Grapefruit face mask: If winter’s dry skin torments you, this face mask is best you could make at home. It cleans out the pores and soothes the inflammation caused due to dry skin.
- Avocado honey mask: Honey is used to retain skin moisture, and oil in avocado treats the dry patches on the skin.
- Cucumber Calming Face mask: This mask is made with cucumber and oatmeal. It’s most suitable for dry and irritated skin, especially in winter.
- Strawberry Honey face mask: This mask exfoliates and moisturizes your skin at the same time.
- Aloe vera face mask: This mask is made with aloe vera, avocado, and oats. Best suited for skin that is extremely dehydrated.
- Besides these masks, you can nourish your skin with yogurt and rosemary face mask and pumpkin bread face mask.
Oily Skin Face Masks:
- Egg White Honey Mask: This mask contains ground oats that help absorb facial oil and tighten and tone the skin.
- White Kaolin Clay Mask: This mask has a drying effect of removing the excess oil from the skin.
- Apple Lemon Mask: Apple and lemon contain the fruits acid that eliminates the skin’s extra oil. And its astringent properties also help in closing the skin pores.
- Fenugreek Seed Face Mask: This mask hinders oil production, and prevents breakouts.
Combination Skin Face Masks:
- Clay T-Zone Mask: Your T-zone area is more likely to produce oil. Therefore use this mask on the forehead, chin, and nose region.
- Carrot Eye Area Mask: This mask is designed mainly for the area around the eyes as this part has fewest oil glands and makes it more prone to dehydrate.
- Vitamin E and Avocado Mask for dry patches: This mask is mainly used for the neck, temples, and outer cheeks as these places are often dry and need hydration.
Sensitive Skin Face Masks:
- Oatmeal mask: This mask is an excellent choice for sensitive skin as it has a calming effect and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cucumber Yogurt Mask: It has soothing and refreshing properties. Caffeic acid in cucumber reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Spirulina and avocado mask: This mask helps in the evening the skin tone, and also reduces the skin irritation.
Ageing Skin Mask:
- Pomegranate mask: This mask is beneficial in repairing and hydrating the skin.
- Berry yogurt mask: The antioxidants and vitamins fight against the radicals that cause premature ageing.
- Chia seed green tea face mask: This mask fights the age spots and wrinkles.
- You can use tomato and grapes for even skin tone, and grapes and egg white for anti-ageing.
- You can also try drinking wine to see what changes it brings to your skin.
Acne Face Mask:
- Aloe vera face mask: Aloe vera provides a solution for many skin-related issues. It reduces pain and inflammation and also fades the acne scars and pigmentation.
- Charcoal mask: Charcoal unclogs pores by removing impurities and oil settled in the pores. Thus avoids breakouts appearing on the face.
- Turmeric face mask: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and its antioxidants help in fighting the acne.
- An overnight tea and potato face mask: This mask rejuvenates the skin and reduces the acne.
- Cinnamon Flax mask: This mask contains antioxidants that are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.
Pore Tightening Mask
- Apple cinnamon pore cleansing mask: This mask is quick to reduce pores and tighten the skins
- Glycolic acid face mask: This mask has an exfoliating effect and makes a face fresh and glowing.
Choose the mask, depending on your skin type. Sticking to any mask for a long time is sure to make your skin fresh and glowing. We hope this blog helps you in some way, and we are going to come up with many such skin-related blogs.